Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Thursday 7 October 2010

Get Christmas Nailed!

Today I visited my local Sainsbury's to be confronted by a 10ft Christmas tree, laden with red and golden baubles, while festive overhead decorations graced each aisle. To most people, a sight like this might induce a Scrooge-esque grumble ("It's only October...has the world gone mad? Harumph!"), but for a festive freak, like myself,  it sends my tummy all-a-flutter at the thought of presents, turkey and the annual Christmas Eve Buffet. With this in mind, you can imagine my excitement when a pack of festive nail stickers arrived at my door!

Now I must confess, I am not a nail sticker kinda gal (high-shine gothic shades of black and burgundy for me please) but nail art was all over the A/W 10 catwalks, so I thought I'd take a cue from nail trendsetters, Rihanna and Katy Perry, and jump (hands-first) on that bandwagon.


The Nailtopia Instant Nail Art Stickers (nailtopia.co.uk) were super-easy to apply. Using a pair of tweezers or a cuticle stick (I used the latter) simply peel off the stickers, place on the nail and flatten down gently. Finish by sealing with a top coat. I chose the Snowflakes and Stars pack, £2.98, for a chic and wintry look.


I think the Snowy Santas, £2.54, might just be a step too far though...


No comments:

Post a Comment