Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Thursday 24 March 2011

How to...Nail Marbling


Topshop's own marbling
I've had a few friends ask me about the new nail marbling trend so I thought I would take one for the team and try it out. I'm not going to lie - it's not as easy as the finished article would suggest. It's messy, time-consuming and ends up using a fair bit of polish. Kindly Topshop have put together a little step by step guide in honour of their new Sandstorm collection. The brand suggest using their Sandstorm Nail Duos (as previewed in my post on the collection a couple of weeks ago) but they have already sold out! For my coral/gold look I used Topshop Nail Polish in No Love Lost, £5 (topshop.com) and Orly Mini Nail Polish in Luxe, £5 (Boots.com). Happy marbling! Sx

The bullseye
Step 1. Pick and choose your favourite colour combination. A mix of neon and metallic colours work perfectly together

Step 2. Apply one coat of white nail polish to act as a base for the coloured marble

Step 3. Pour a couple of drops of the first nail colour into a bowl of room temperature water

Step 4. Continue to add colours individually until you have created a bullseye effect

 
What a marbelous thumb!
Step 5. Swirl colours with a cuticle stick to create a unique pattern

Step 6. Dip the nail bed into the polish and allow the colour to settle

Step 7. Remove finger from the pool of polish and wipe around the outer edge of the nail to remove excess colour


My attempt


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Guru! Looks hard but you did a brill job, can't wait to try it! Nail varnish application in a bowl, who would've thought it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks chickadee, it is worth the hard work. Let me know how you get on, better yet send me a pic so I can post it on here! Sx

    ReplyDelete