Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Get Splashed!



Like my phones are to baths/toilets/thieves, I'm always drawn to new Marc Jacob's fragrance launches. A die-hard Daisy-wearer, I was introduced to his Splash collection a few years ago and fell in love with the Pear edition. There are many great things about the Splash scents, including the fact that they're unisex, but the most obvious is the sheer size of the bottle. At 300ml, this is a fragrance that is not only going to take you through to old age, but into the after life, if indeed it exists. But hey, let's not get bogged down in the existential because the new cocktail-inspired Splashes, or Splashi, are fun, frivolous and very flirty. Mulling over the Ginger and Curaco flavours, I opted for a spritz of the Cranberry Splash on this morning and my nose has been pressed firmly against my wrist ever since. For an EDT and a fragrance entitled 'Splash' it is surprisingly long-wearing and intense.

The fragrance opens with a zesty combination of tangerine and cranberry but it's not long at all before the musky, exotic wood base - and in my opinion, the selling point - kicks in. It's both fresh and sultry at once, and this is where its androgony comes into play. In fact, it kind of smells like my Dad. But before you run away in fear of smelling like a can of Lynx or Old Spice, smelling like your Dad, or rather wearing a man's scent is bang on trend. I've been wearing E's Korres manfume for a little while now. He doesn't know. Now I have my Cranberry Splash, though - all unusual, subversive and unexpectedly summery - I won't need to borrow from a boy. The new Marc Jacobs Splash Cocktail Collection, £48, goes on sale 24th April (0800 652 7661). Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment