Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Tried and Tresseded...Bourjois 10 Day Nail Enamel

As regular Best Tressers will know, I've already become obsessed with Bourjois' new 10 Day Nail Enamel in 14, £5.99 (Boots) - the most heavenly rose shade. But that's by the by because this new long-lasting polish claims to last up to 10 days. "What?" I know, right! It's all down to the pro-silicium fortifying formula, which apparently makes nails twice as chip-resistant. But hold your horses there because the press release actually says that the polish should last for 7 days, then chips can be easily touched up with the angled brush for the remaining 3. So not quite the claim the bottle suggests. Well I put this little beaut to the test a few weeks ago. I painted two coats, with no base or top coat for a fair test. Here are the results (from top to bottom: day 1-7)...
As you can see, I didn't make it to day 10 - I had a wedding to go to and had to repaint them after the 7th chip-heavy day - but the results are pretty impressive considering I spend the majority of my day furiously typing on my laptop. My nails were faultless until day 3 when, if you looked VERY carefully, the colour was almost pushed back slightly on the index and middle fingers. By day 5, the chips were becoming noticeable but still I didn't find it necessary to remove and repaint. It might not last 10 days - would you really, truly expect it to though? - but I'm really impressed with the colour's durability. Imagine how long it would stay chip-free with a base and top coat, and when it's a colour this pretty, you sure want it to last! Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment