Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Monday 11 July 2011

My fragrance of the summer

For so long, the only scents that have made it to any state of permanence in my fragrance wardrobe have been Marc Jacobs 'Daisy', Chanel 'Chance' and 'Coco Mademoiselle'. Sure, I've smelled some rather lovely perfumes, but none that have that special 'something'. It seems, though, that 'wear-me, love-me' scents are like buses. You wait ages for one, then a few lustworthy scents (does this metaphor still work for buses?) all come at once. Penhaligon's 'Juniper Sling' was one such perfume and the new Emilio Pucci 'Miss Pucci Eau de Parfum Intense', £41 30 ml, is another.

This new launch follows on from last year's hit, 'Miss Pucci'. This time, the scent is more sophisticated and elegant. I've been wearing this since the launch a couple of months ago and have had so many compliments on its heady, amber scent. One of my most important perfume criteria is longevity. If a fragrance smells divine but only lasts on my skin for an hour, it's a gonna. I can still smell 'Miss Pucci Intense' on my skin at the end of the day. Therefore, it's a keeper. As for the notes, well it opens with Magnolia, Winter Lemon and Orange Blossom, with a heart of Arabian Jasmine. The base is woody - think Patchouli, amber and vanilla. If you're a fan of lighter, fresher florals, this probably isn't for you. 'Miss Pucci Intense' is potent, sensual and alluring. I've been mostly wearing it in the evening - it's the perfect accompaniment to balmy summer evenings. 'Miss Pucci Intense' is available now at Harrods.com Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment