Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Monday 10 January 2011

Thicker tresses? We've got just the tonic!

According to recent research, 1 in 3 women suffer from stress-related hair loss. It might not be down to stress, rather a year of bleached blonde hair and extensions, that has caused my sister to worry about her hair of late but she was keen to put the latest volume-boosting tress treats to the test.



Clynol Anti Hair Loss Shampoo, £8.45, and Anti Hair-Loss Tonic, £11.95 (clynol.com)
The hype: This 2-step programme claims to reduce hair loss within 6 weeks
The results: I really loved the shampoo - it gave a great lather. You need to leave it on for two minutes before rinsing, and you could really feel it getting to work, causing a slight tingling sensation. The tonic had to be applied twice a day. The liquid had a strong, chemically scent but it obviously works. After every wash my hair was fresh and clean, however, my scalp did become very dry and flaky (not something I usually suffer from), but I'm not sure whther this was down to the shampoo or tonic. Since using the combination, my hair has definitely felt more weighty. I would definitely continue using the shampoo but the twice-daily use of the tonic is a bit much for my scalp.
Shampoo - 4/5 Tonic 3/5

DID YOU KNOW? According to Clynol, 6 in 10 women will experience hair loss in their lives

La Science Anti Hair Loss Serum, £29.99 (Boots)
The hype: Having launched earlier this year, this peptide-based range specifically targets hair loss caused by stress, hormones, enviromental factors and extensions. 
The results: The pipette applicator meant the serum was easy to apply and distribute evenly through the hair. The directions state you should apply this every day and night, then massage in for 1 minute. With a full-time job I was only able to use it three times a week. I expected my hair to feel greasy after the application but it never did and actually felt quite nice on the hair.  I have noticed a slight improvement in the thickness of my hair and will definitely continue using to see more promising results.
4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment