Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Thursday 6 January 2011

New year, new nail colour...

I don't know if I'm just getting older, or harder to please, but new nail colour fads don't excite me like they used to. I've seen all the neon shades under the sun. New finishes are never as good an idea as they might seem (matte, anyone?). Now I look for on-trend colours that will take me through to next season, and even the one after that.


I recently discovered Orly polish. It's got a great formula, like Essie, and the colour selection of OPI. Only it seems unfair to compare Orly to anyone else, seeing as it precedes both brands. This rusty rose colour is TDF. It strikes me as the sort of shade that transcends age. Two coats of Orly Nail Lacquer in Quite Contrary Berry, £8.95 (orlybeauty.co.uk) stayed chip-proof for a good few days. Definitely my big talon tip for 2011. Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment