Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Friday 12 November 2010

New Max Factor mascara

I'm sure I will be hunted down and skinned alive for conceding this, but I've never been much of a fan of Max Factor mascaras...Duh Duh Duuuuuh! Yes, contrary to the collective praised of Beauty Editors the world over, who have revered its lash-separating, volume-boosting prowess, when it comes to MF mascaras I've always felt slightly underwhelmed. I have long lashes, and plenty of them, so require a volumising, lengthening mascara that is going to take them from long to brow-skimming. Max Factor's formulas, whilst providing excellent separation, have never done much for my existing length or volume. Great if you're going for the natural look but my lashes are the one area I never skimp on when it comes to makeup.
Their new Xperience Volumising Mascara, £10.99 (Boots), however, is finally worthy of some Stephanie praise. It didn't begin well, though, when I pulled out the plastic wand...now those of you who are true Best Tressed fans will know of my disdain for plastic wands. But, shut my mouth, it coated each lash evenly and fanned them out beautifully. The formula, too, seemed more substantial than its predecessors, and provided thicker, longer-looking lashes. I would still apply two coats (especially for a night out) but finally I can call myself a MF mascara fan! Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment