Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Tuesday 17 May 2011

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts (drinks)


I first heard about the wonders of coconut water a few years back, when celebrities were sipping the juice in their droves, supposedly for its slimming capabilities. Rihanna is the latest celebrity to endorse the miracle water, specifically Vita Coco, the UK's best-selling coconut water brand, but this time it's for its health-boosting benefits. From what I can gather, it helps to re-energise and replenish the body's nutrients in the same way a sports drink does, only Vita Coco is much more potent. In fact, the coconut water contains 20 times more potassium than a sports drink (this mineral is found naturally within the body and gets used during exercise) and one drink is all you need to reach your daily intake of Vitamin C.

Joining ardent coconut-fan, Madonna, Rihanna said of her latest venture, “I love Vita Coco. It’s real coconut water from hand-picked coconuts. It’s delicious and so good for you!” Thank you Ri-Ri. Vita Coco starts from £2.05 for 330ml to £4.65 for 1 litre, so it is expensive - I'm not sure I could justify it, but I'm yet to try it. And let's face it, if Rihanna's healthy glow and healthy-looking body are anything to go by, I could be persuaded. If you fancy it, it's available at Holland & Barrett stores nationwide. Sx  

Oo na na, what's my bevvy?

5 comments:

  1. I nearly had a heart attack when I accidentally spent £7 on it the other day. So good after exercise though and er...on a hangover xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza. Imagine how many Mars bars you could've bought with that! Does it taste nice? Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried this the other day as i always here people going on about it..it tasted ok nothing amazing but i am willing to try it again,but it is expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh really? I'm so fussy, not sure I'd like it. Definitely want to try it though Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not amazingly nice but I swear it does actually super hydrate you. But maybe that's because I've been told it will?? Mmm, Mars bars xx

    ReplyDelete