Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Friday 19 November 2010

Beauty Writer Favourite...Face Mask


Nothing gets me ready for a big night out like a face mask. But rather than spend £50+ (yes, I'm talking to you, SKII), I always turn to high street fave, Montagne Jeunesse. Call me crazy, but if I'm going to spend that amount of money, I'll splurge on a Guinot Hydradermie facial, rather than a DIY mask.

I've grown up using the 99p face mask sachets, but now the brand have launched this handy (and oh-so grown-up) tube, £4.99, with 10 applications. I just tried the self-heating, Sensuous Spice variety. This is not a looker of a mask - you won't want anyone to catch you smearing the brown goop over your face - but do not judge a book by its cover, as they say. Once applied to the face, the mask immediately begins to warm up to a pleasant, relaxing heat. After about a minute the temperature peaks and begins to cool. The heat-aspect really does give you the sense of a deep cleanse.With a combination of festive ginger and cinammon, the scent is just heavenly. After a relaxing 15 minutes, I rinsed off the mask to reveal a brighter, softer, more radiant complexion. I'll always be a fan! Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment