Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Mary-Kate and, err, Mary-Kate?

For some, telling apart Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen might have always proved a difficult task, but for me, it was easy as picking out Kate Moss for Topshop hems in their flagship store. Ashley was the neater of the two. With large but groomed brows, mid-length blonde hair and a penchant for Calvin Klein. Mary-Kate (my style crush), on the other hand, flaunted waist-long, wavy tresses in a darker, dirty blonde hue. Her eyebrows weren't quite so pronounced, but it was her baggy, mismatched style that really gave the game away.

That was until last night...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1326104/Mary-Kate-Ashley-Olsen-play-dress-swamp-petite-figures-WWD-party.html The two sisters appeared completely indistinguishable from one another. Ashley appears to have morphed into her younger twin. Her roots are visible, her brows have been tamed, and don't even get me started on the matching fur.

Now, I have two sisters. Having been mistaken for each other countless times over the years (it's not uncommon to hear, 'Which one are you?') I relish the times when our styles look completely disparate. If one goes brunette, I dye my hair red. If I choose brogues, another will opt for biker boots. If I were Mary-Kate, I would be rather peeved. What do you think ladies? Can you relate to Mary-Kate's dilemma? Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment