Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Thursday 16 December 2010

Pooch Pampering

I don't like to exclude ANYONE from the world of beauty so when I heard about a new range of canine tress treats from John Paul Pet, created by hair guru Paul Mitchell, I knew a certain scruffy-looking Shih-Tzu/Bichon Frise cross would be interested.
Ralph before
Here, his owner and BFF, Andrea, reviews the products.... 
Ralph before
"My dog is beyond adorable and I wouldn't swap him for anything (despite his persistant fear of people, bikes, plastic bags, bushes, egg cups), however, I continually find myself having problems with his fur. After a bad experience at the groomers, we have been forced to groom him ourselves. When Stephanie brought home this fabulous dog range, I thought our doggy grooming prayers had been answered!


The packaging looks really premium for a dog range. My particular favourites were the John Paul Pet Tea Tree Treatment Shampoo, £8.75, and the Conditioning Spray, £8.75. Usually left to use Johnson's baby, I find this and other shampoos don't lather well, however, this one was right on the money foam-wise and had a great scent to boot. 


The conditioning spray, which I was initially sceptical about, was amazing. I didn't have to use very much before combing through and I have really noticed a difference in his fur. Prone to tangling, it has been 4 days and not one knot has begun to develop, so I am one happy owner.
 

The Full Body & Paw Bath Wipes, £6.80, weren't quite as impressive. After a morning walk, I used the wipes to remove the mud from his paws. They seemed quite dry and while they did make a little difference, I still wouldn't let him go near the cream carpets.


The product I was most intrigued by was the Waterless Foam Shampoo, £8.75. I don't know about most dogs, but baths aren't high up on Ralph's agenda so the idea that he could have a deep cleanse, without the trials and tribulations of a bath really appealed. A few pumps for each paw were enough to massage in. The instructions say to repeatedly comb through until the fur is dry, which gets quite tiresome but after around 30 mins of sporadic brushing, the dirt was gone and his fur soft. I would definitely buy the Shampoo and Conditioning Spray again and again."

Ralph after
The Paw Scores...
Tea Tree Treatment Shampoo 5/5
The Conditioning Spray 5/5
Full Body & Paw Bath Wipes 2/5
Waterless Foam Shampoo 4/5

Ralph after

The range is now available from The Pet Spa, Harrods but can be found online at lookfantastic.com. Sx





No comments:

Post a Comment