Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Thursday 9 June 2011

Tried and Tresseded...Dainty Doll Liquid Foundation


I'm always slightly dubious of celebrity-endorsed beauty products. There are those A-listers who seem to slap their name on anything, and you can bet your bottom dollar that their input into their fragrance/makeup range is rather lacking. This is not the case, however, for Nicola Roberts's highly successful, Dainty Doll makeup. I'm told by various people that Nicola is 100% behind the line and is heavily involved in the design, ingredients, shades and finishes of each product. The brand's growth is seriously impressive - most Girls Aloud fans will remember the range started out on the band's show, 'The Passions of Girls Aloud'. The small collection, designed for those with fairer skins, sent shockwaves through the industry, and is now about to launch in Boots stores.


The new Dainty Doll Liquid Foundation Now That I've Found You, £22 (Boots) - FYI, so in demand is the pale-skinned range, the foundation already has a waiting list - comes in four shades and contains SPF 15 (great for fairer skins that need that extra protection). The foundations are all too pale for my skin so I've handed testing over to my sister, Natalie, who has often struggled to find a foundation pale enough to flatter her alabastre complexion on the high street.

Natalie wearing Dainty Doll Liquid Foundation in 02
"I, unlike the rest of the Maylor clan, have extremely pale skin - very Elizabeth I - which would've been all well and good in the 16th century but when you live in an era of bronze goddesses and fake tan, it's hard to find a liquid foundation that matches a pale skin tone. I've always struggled to wear foundation by high street brands without suffering from noticeable tidemarks around my jawline. I had heard of Nicola Roberts's Dainty Doll range, but up until now, had never tried it, and I must say I'm very impressed. I applied the 02 shade, which matched my skin perfectly. The foundation itself smells gorgeous, just like sun cream. The texture is silky smooth and it blends nicely into the skin - I didn't have to cake it on like I do with other foundations. Instead it covered my imperfections with just one layer. I love this foundation - it's my new make up essential. Thank you Nicola Roberts for embracing the paleness!" 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment