Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Thursday 27 January 2011

Rotate, don't shake, says Bourjois!


That's certainly the message of the new Bourjois Volume Fast & Perfect Mascara, £11.99 (Boots), which has a spinning wand. Now, I've tried vibrating mascaras (the vibrating action is supposed to mimic the makeup artist technique of wiggling the wand up the lashes for an even coat) but I've got to say I haven't been convinced. If anything the constant 'brrrring' is kind of off-putting and you can't seem to get right into the corners of your lashes without smudging. Needless to say, I was slightly sceptical about this new mascara from Bourjois. Yes it spins, rather than vibrates, but is this just another gimmick, designed to cause a stir in the beauty industry so that you the consumer will buy into the hype and go out in your droves to purchase?

I think not. Because, actually when you really think about it, a rotating wand does make complete sense. By spinning in both a clockwise and anticlockwise direction, it lifts the lashes and coats from the very base to the tip evenly. It is a little odd at first but after one eye, you'll feel as if you've always used a rotating mascara. You even have the option to switch off too, so if you'd rather coat your bottom lashes normally, you can! The press release does say you'll only need one coat, and I'm sure for most people this would be true. I like my lashes to be thick-looking so did opt for a second coat. Where I found this mascara to be especially helpful is coating and curling those pesky outer eye lashes. Mine are straight and stick out to the sides, but this mascara managed to curl them upwards.

I am very fussy when it comes to mascaras - I like my lashes to look less natural, more Cheryl Cole - but I'm really impressed with the result. So much so, I've chucked out my current mascara in favour of this one. The mascara goes on sale in May...on your marks, get set, go! Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment