Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Artistic Colour Gloss Manicure The Review II

So my second round of the Artistic Colour Gloss Manicure went a lot better than the first. For those of you that are new to the blog, I trialled this long-lasting manicure back in March and was disappointed that the colour, said to last up to 3 weeks, chipped after 7 days. By the 10th day, the polish looked so worn I had to paint over it.

A few weeks ago I went to Urban Retreat, Harrods, where the manicure is now available and chose a gorgeous hot pink shade. I haven't had so many compliments on a nail colour since Essie's Disco Pink. They say a picture speaks 1000 words so I've been keeping a photo diary of my mani for you. As you can see, the colour stays pretty pristine until day 13, when my thumb chips. This nail breaks a couple of days later so I definitely think that the strength of your natural nail has a lot to do with the longevity of this manicure. If you have peeling, breakable nails like I do, no gel manicure is going to last as long. I started to notice the colour growing out around day 12 but not so a passer-by would notice. Even now (day 22) the colour is as glossy and healthy-looking as the first.

I'm now 3 weeks in and 4 of the nails are still perfect. The others are either slightly chipped or half-removed. I've been covering at Woman's Own this last couple of weeks (hence the lack of blog posts, sorry Best Tressers) and it's been a total joy not having to worry about removing chipped polish and repainting for work. I also want to point out that because the Artistic Colour Gloss gel is thinner than other long-lasting manicures, my nails haven't been as badly damaged. This mani has definitely won me over. Sx

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Day 8

Day 9

Day 10

Day 11

Day 12

Day 13 - first chip

Now day 21


1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    a very useful review! I'm now day 11 of my first ACG - I love it, but slightly disappointed with the colour. I chose POSH, it's lovely, but I'd rather have 3 layers of it as my nail is starting to show through which I hate!

    Can you tell me how you look after your cuticles at all? Mine are starting to grow back and look a bit crap.

    Thanks!

    Karolina

    ReplyDelete