Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Thursday 13 January 2011

New Miners Eyeshadows



I must confess, I do like Miners. The bargain range allows you to indulge in fleeting trends, while the textures and finishes usually exceed this price point. I say usually because I've just tried the new Dip and Define Eye Powders, £3.49 (miners.co.uk) and I'm mightily disappointed.


From the outside, the metallic shades look gorgeous. I applied the icy-white Cloud 9 in the corner of my eye, then the oh-so-on-trend Khaki Gold across the upper lid. The pigment is disappointing, you can just about make out the white shade in the above picture. The applicator feels rough on the skin - I ended up dabbing the shadow on to the area then blending with my finger. Before I'd finished applying the khaki shade the applicator sponge came off the wand and is now stuck in the shadow pot...that's destined for the bin. Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment