Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Monday 23 May 2011

Tried and Tresseded...Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Make-Up Corrector Pen

As a religious devotee of the smoky eye - and the inevitable charcoal smudges and black flecks that accompany it - I was really excited by the launch of Simple's new smudge-correcting pen. Like a felt-tip, the pen has a precise (and might I say, quite a sharp) nib that releases Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Make-Up Remover, so that flaky mascara and slept-in panda eyes can be cleaned up. 

On top of its sensitive formula, the pen even claims to shift waterproof mascara but having tried it on smoky shadow and regular mascara, I'm not sure that claim stands up. To begin, I held the pen upside down for 10 seconds then directed the tip to smudges, but rather than erasing them, it simply moved the smudges across my face, and FYI ladies, the black eye look is not a good one. As per the instructions, I cleaned the tip of the pen with a makeup wipe in between each eye but the same thing happened - small mascara flecks were smudged across my eye area, looking ten times worse than before. I was disappointed to say the least but if you want to give it a go yourself, it costs £4.99 and is available from Boots.com. Sx

1 comment:

  1. i though you were going to say this is amazing as simple do have some good stuff but i will give this a miss,and look for something eles :)

    ReplyDelete