Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Tried and Tresseded...John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray

Before (repugnant photo, sorry peeps)
I've been using the new John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray, £6.99 (Boots) since I had my hair coloured back in February. Lightened or highlighted hair is notoriously difficult, not to mention costly, to maintain, with colour top-ups required every 6-8 weeks. This tress-lightening formula contains a blend of hydrogen peroxide, citrus and chamomile, while violet dye corrects the tone to prevent the colour from looking brassy.

Simply spray on towel-dried hair before blow-drying and straightening. In fact, the more heat you apply, the more the spritz lightens hair. Sprayed on to the roots, the formula camouflages regrowth; for a sunkissed, highlighted effect, spray on to selected strands and comb through; and for a root stretch look, I spray on the lengths and ends of my hair. The bottle promises noticeable results after around 3-5 uses, but as my hair is so dark I think it took nearer 6 or 7 before I noticed a lighter finish. About 3 months in and now other people are noticing too. Overall, super-easy to use with natural, but noticeable results. Sx


After


No comments:

Post a Comment