Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Wednesday 18 May 2011

American Dream Quick Fix Clip In Extensions

I've always been a bit wary of clip-in extensions. My sister wears them most days and you wouldn't know it wasn't her real hair, but there are those girls that refuse to trim their extensions so that they end up with a waist-length mullet look...hence the stigma. But last week at Boudoir PR's press day, I decided to dip a toe into the clip-in waters.





American Dream extensions have just started working with super stylist, Claire Rothstein (she styled the hair with clip in extensions in these fabulous campaign images for the brand) who was on hand to style my hair, extensions 'n all. Claire backcombed the roots of my hair and added 18" Quick Fix Clip In Extensions, £15 (http://www.americandreamextensions.com/) in a brown-to-bleach blonde root stretch at ear level, clipping in all the way round. She added a second set of brunette-to-pink root stretch extensions (Katy Perry eat your heart out!) about an inch higher. Once secured, Claire trimmed the extensions then set about waving them to sit better with my curled hair (FYI, because these clip-ins are made from 100% human hair, you don't have to worry about damaging them with heat styling).

Pink and bleach blonde root stretch extensions
Sadly the picture above doesn't show them very well but you can just about make out the pink and very light blonde pieces at the bottom of my hair. The two sets gave a subtle shot of colour but if you're looking for length and thickness, you'll probably need around 4 sets. I've got a feeling I'll be using these clip-ins alot! Sx


No comments:

Post a Comment