Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Oh my GOSH Nail Glitters

I definitely consider myself a bit of a magpie when it comes to make-up. I might stick to boring smokey eyes or a statement lip for nights out but at the beauty shelves I'm immediately drawn to rainbow eyeshadow dusts and sparkly polishes.

Glitter polishes are big news this season. OPI are launching a Muppet collection this Christmas, with an array of glitter-flecked shades - FYI, Fresh Frog of Bel Air and Gettin' Piggy With It are on my Christmas wish list! http://www.lenawhite.co.uk/store/the-muppets-. And the best thing about these lust-worthy polishes? They're near indestructable. The shards of sparkle seem to build up resistance to chipping, which while fantastic, also means they're pretty arduous to remove. But for nails this good, a price must be paid.


I used the new GOSH Nail Glitter in Green, £3.99, Superdrug, to get this look. I painted the tops of my nails with clear basecoat in a haphazard fashion and gently dipped my nail into the glitter pots and wiped off excess with a concealer brush. It is a tad messy and it's definitely a case of practice makes perfect. I've still got a long way to go. Sx

2 comments:

  1. I want these nails!! They're BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colour combo... I tried to achieve a similar effect with the GOSH nail dusts and it came out really bad! Think I might have to practice a bit more... lol

    ReplyDelete