Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Friday 15 July 2011

Prescenting...Outspoken Intense by Fergie


Fergie Ferg is one sassy lady. If that sass was bottled, would it smell like 'Outspoken Intense', the new fragrance from the Black Eyed Peas singer and Avon? Probably not. I imagine Fergie's sassy scent to translate into something punchy, distinct and erm, intense. 'Outspoken Intense', however, is just kind of pretty.  This makes me sound like I don't like the new fragrance, which follows on from last year's 'Outspoken', a massive hit for Avon. I do. It's smooth, floral and super-wearable. So what exactly does it smell like?

Top notes
Starfruit, kumquat

Heart
Passion flower, gardenia, orange flower petals

Base
Warm musks, white amber, blonde cedar

I can totally see why the original fragrance was such a massive hit for Avon, and it's exactly the same reason this new scent will more than likely do just as well. These scents are feminine, pretty and totally inoffensive. Aside from that, it's an unequivocal bargain. It costs just £15 for 50ml...gasp! Plus, I've been pretty impressed with how well the scent has lasted on my skin - I'm a few hours in and I can still smell it wafting in the air.
Did you know? The original Outspoken fragrance sold 56 bottles an hour in 2010, making it Avon's most successful fragrance launch. 
On creating the latest scent, Fergie said, "For my second fragrance I really wanted to add a little more edge. Outspoken Intense is a provocative blend of sexy confidence and daring femininity that captures the thrill and excitement of being centre stage."

If pretty floral scents are your bag, then I think you'd better have a go on this. The new fragrance will be available at http://www.avonshop.co.uk/ from August. Sx

1 comment:

  1. Ooh d'you know, I'm usually in the loop when it comes to scents but I didn't even know Fergie had a fragrance out! I think it's maybe 'cause I've never really ordered anything from Avon. Or I don't know.

    Will have to test it though - sounds interesting.

    xo

    ReplyDelete