Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Nivea Celebrates 100th Birthday with Rihanna


I can't imagine celebrating my birthday in any greater fashion than a cosy chat/messy night out/even a fleeting 'hello' would do me, with Rihanna. As many of you will know, I live my life by the W.W.R.D mantra (for sporadic Best Tressers, that stands for 'What Would Rihanna Do'). If I begin to shy away from a bright lipstick, I think W.W.R.D and confidently slick on that fluoro fuchsia or gothic plum. If I want to wear a low-cut dress, by God I will, and why? Because that's what Ri-Ri would do (have you SEEN the new Kanye West video? A-maze!).

So big props (and serious envy) must go to Nivea who have just signed Rihanna to be 'the voice' of the brand's centennial celebrations, starting in May. Nivea will be focusing on the heritage of the brand, while at the same time planning the next campaign around a younger generation of fans..cue Rihanna!
“Over the past 100 years, NIVEA has been an iconic skincare brand across the world that is built on the trust of our consumers. We are excited to have Rihanna supporting us in our celebration and building a new generation of fans,” said Markus Pinger, member of the board, responsible for Brands.
Nivea will be sponsoring Ri-Ri's tour in May and I must say, it's a real coup for the brand. In fact, I'm surprised it's taken this long for a mass market company to sign her up. Good work Nivea! Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment