Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Friday 1 April 2011

Launch Friday


Another busy Thursday for me. The day began at The Sanderson Hotel for the launch of Rituals suncare. This is a first for the brand whose range is so expansive, you could probably survive off nothing but Rituals products - they have a new yoga-wear line and even sell washing up liquid! The suncare range goes on sale today and after trying it yesterday, I'm very impressed. The formulas smell amazing - not at all like regular suncream - and the cream soaks in quickly and invisibly. I was also lucky enough to expierience my first ever pedicure...yes a lot of people are shocked at this, especially considering my vocation, but I'm usually the girl who turns up to a launch in thick opaques, not ideal for wet toes. Seeing as the sun was out last week, I decided to shun my usual gothic-inspired colours and opted for a gorgeous hot pink shade. Rituals Nail Varnish in Rebel Rose, £8.90 (uk.ritualsstore.com) is my new favourite shade and it looks great on the toes!


I dropped into the Bourjois offices for a sneak peek of their new summer nail colours and a manicure by the doyenne of polish, Marina Sandoval. I chose a gorgeous cherry red from the new collection (see above, sorry about the poor quality). The colours pack a punch - there's a hot orange that will look amazing with a tan - and as always with Bourjois polish, the formulas are gorgeously-glossy and long-wearing.


Finally, it was on to L'oreal for the launch of their new summer makeup collection. The location - a penthouse flat (yes somebody actually lives there) - was kitted out in an array of cocktail-bright colours. I will be testing out the products very soon so stay tuned for the review. Sx

2 comments:

  1. I have been after a suncream which has a good smell and soaks in very easily; far too many suncreams I have tried in the past don't fulfil both requirements thank you. I will certainly try this range. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well on first impressions, this seemed to tick both boxes. I'll be testing it properly over the next couple of weeks so stay tuned! Sx

    ReplyDelete