Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Friday 8 April 2011

The multi-tasking Mizani Supreme Oil

With a blend of 8 natural oils (FYI that includes jojoba, almond, sesame, avocado, apricot, olive fruit, sunflower and argan oils), the Mizani Supreme Oil, £19.25 (0800 121 4676) is the beauty equivalent of tin foil. Not only is it a star in its primary purpose, i.e. nourishing hair/covering food, it has a myriad of other helpful uses, i.e. bath oil/wrapping presents without the need for tape. Among the oil's proclaimed uses are pre-shampoo treatment, scalp hydrator and styling product. I was sent a sample of the oil last week and decided to put its multi-tasking prowess to the test...

Test 1. Bath oil
The oil's exotic almond scent fills the bathroom as soon as the drops hit the water. In a word, lush! A little goes a long way and I only added a few droplets to the running water. Unlike some bath oils, this didn't feel at all greasy or leave an oil ring around the bath. Afterwards, my skin felt silky, without any tackiness.

Test 2. Body oil
Again, only a few drops are needed to cover both legs. I'm generally a fan of body oils and this soaked in more easily than most, leaving my skin feeling deeply hydrated without a hint of greasiness. My legs had a lovely sheen and the scent lingered all day.

Test 3. Overnight hair treatment
My hair has been feeling dry of late, particularly the ends, so I applied the oil to the lengths and ends of my hair before bed and left overnight. Yes my hair looked in dire need of a wash in the morning, but it shampood out really well and my hair is noticeably softer after just one treatment.

Test 4. Styling oil
Worried that this might end up going horribly wrong, I applied the smallest amount to the lengths of my dried hair to smooth, post-styling. Here the oil was a little disappointing. My hair looked lank and weighed down.

Test 5. Pre-cleanse hair treatment
A lot of intensive masks and treatments are best applied to damp hair, prior to shampoo, to hydrate the hair without weighing it down. I left the oil on for 10 minutes before rinsing off and shampooing as normal. Again, my hair felt softer and shinier after just one session. I'll be keeping this little beaut in my bathroom from now on! Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment