Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Monday 11 April 2011

Andrew Collinge Launches Up-do App

Ever been stuck for a hairstyle, stuck for time, and, well, just stuck? I know I have. For my First Year Ball at uni, I had planned an intricate plaited updo (hot, no?) - I had the magazine tears, the tools, the products - but something just wouldn't click. I got myself into a tress-induced panic and ended up with a quiff-ponytail combo. Mmm. But what if, on that fateful night, there had been some sort of visual demo to assist me in my hour of need?

The pleat


The ponytail pleat


The top knot
 Cue the new Two Minute Up-Do App from hairdressing guru, Andrew Collinge. This new viral experience includes 4 step-by-step videos, each creating a catwalk-worthy style, from an oh-so-now top knot to chic pleats. All the styles can apparently be created in just 2 minutes, using just one pin to secure. Now I'm slightly sceptical about this part of the app - the only part of my hair I could safely secure with one pin is my fringe. There's no way someone with thick, weighty hair could rely on just one pin. Equally, those with shoulder-length hair may require more pins to tidy-up shorter layers. But this is a problem easily solved by erm, adding more pins! The good news is though that you'll be able to pause and rewind the video as many times as you like so you can achieve the style at your own pace. Not only that, but by downloading one or all of the videos, you'll be helping Design for Life, a charity which assists those with learning disabilities.

The app itself is free to download from the Apple store, and works with the i-phone, i-touch and i-pad. Each video costs £1.19 and all proceeds will be going to the Design for Life charity. For more info, check out this introductory video here....http://www.andrewcollinge.com/the-2-minute-up-do-video-app Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment