Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Tried and Tresseded...Lee Stafford Nourishing Miracle Oil

Moroccan oil is fast-becoming the Coenzyme Q10 of the haircare world. Revered for its nourishing properties, Argan oil has long been used by Moroccan women to smooth and hydrate their sun-drenched locks. Now, I'm all for using oils as overnight tress treatments - when my hair needs a last minute perk-me-up, I cover it in oil and wrap a towel around to allow the oil to better penetrate the hair - but as for daytime styling, show me an oil that doesn't leave your hair lank and greasy. Lee Stafford's recently-launched Argan Oil from Morroco Nourishing Miracle Oil, £11.99 (Boots) claims just that so since opting for a lighter, brighter root stretch, which has left my blonde ends looking a little frazzled, if any hair is going to put this oil to the test, it's mine.  

The bottle's instructions are pretty explicit...if applied to dry hair (FYI, it can also be used on damp hair as a pre-blow dry styling product), use sparingly and always rub into hands before applying to the lengths and ends of the hair. You can always add more but once you apply too heavily, you can't undo without washing.

In the interest of a fair and clear test, I applied the oil to just one side of my hair. As with all Lee Stafford products, the smell is instantly inviting. The fragrance does bear parallels to his other pink-themed range, but with a hint of the exotic. I began with one pump, rubbed it between my palms then smoothed through. The oil has a serum-like quality to it but is so light that actually it didn't seem to have much of an effect so I decided another pump would be worth a try. As I smoothed through my hair, my waves became more defined and glossy. To the touch, there was no hint of greasiness, only a frizz-free smoothness. So Lee, you've proved me wrong - there IS an oil on the high street that can be used as a styling product, no greasiness in sight. I'll definitely be applying this throughout the summer months to nourish the lengths of my hair. Sx
Left side: no oil = dry, frazzled, Right side: 2 pumps of oil, shiny and more defined


Pssst...This is a great on-the-go summer must-have - I've also been using it as a body oil down the fronts of my legs to add extra sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment