Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Friday 4 March 2011

Tried and Tested...Gel Liner

As an eyeliner fiend, I'm always excited to find new ways to make my eyes smokier, darker and more flawless. I've used gel liners in the past with little success. The formulas don't seem to glide on at all easily and I imagine only those with professional experience can achieve that precise, unfaltering line.


I just got around to trying the No7 Limited Edition Spring Collection Gel Eyeliner, £10 (Boots.com) and actually, it wasn't as traumatic an experience as I'd previously found. The packaging is cute and the pigment quite dark. The brush, however, is fiddily, but despite this did provide a semi-straight line (the semi-ness is probably more of a result of my makeup shakiness). Overally, it's a good gel liner. But would it convince me to put down my liquid liner? No.

No7 Gel Liner

NEW! NEW! NEW!
Next on to the new Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Intense Black, £7.99 (Boots). Considering the price, this just felt a lot more premium. The pen applicator is much longer, which helps with the application. The gel was super-creamy and didn't drag the lid upon application.

The pigment, as you might guess from a shade named 'intense black', is impressive, the kind of black you only get from a liquid liner or kohl. Plus, the brush is prefectly tapered to make flicks easy to perfect. Maybelline's gel liner goes on sale in March. In one application, this has totally changed my opinion on gel liners - who knew it could be so easy? Definitely worth swapping your liquid liner for, at least occassionally. Sx
Maybelline Gel Eyeliner

No comments:

Post a Comment