Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Try a Trend...Neon Streaks


I've been longing for a flash of fluoro colour through my locks since seeing Katy Perry's pink and blue streaks. Luckily, Lee Stafford was at hand with his Colour XTreme Colour Sprays in Azure Blue and Passionate Pink, £4.07 (Boots). I decided to use the pink spray one night after a courage-inducing glass of Pinot Grigio. I shook the spray for about 10 seconds until you can hear the metal ball and began spraying. At first I thought my hair was too dark to show up the colour. On closer inspection, I saw that the pink spritz lay on my hair in neon liquid balls and simply brushed out with the stroke of a brush.
Refusing to let this deter me, I then enrolled the help of my sister's tresses. The blue spray worked like a charm (I think I must have been unlucky with the pink). I took a section from underneath the top layer and after shaking, began spritzing in short bursts. The pigment was impressive and the aerosol made precise application easy enough. Be warned though, the colour will transfer so steer clear of white pillowcases. All in all, a great way to update tired tresses. Sx


No comments:

Post a Comment