Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Friday 17 December 2010

Try a Trend...Twinkle Eyes


I might sound like a 5 year old but there's nothing I love more than a bit of glitter. Even E likens me to a magpie, as he sees me running in the direction of glittery heels or sequinned skirts. Needless to say, no Maylor Christmas is complete without the obligatory statement eye.

Step 1. First I applied a wash of deep burgundy shadow to match the glitter. I used Mac Eye Shadow in Shadowy Lady, £11 (maccosmetics.co.uk)

Step 2. After messing about with glue over the years, I've found the easiest method to apply glitter is to use Barry M Glitter Lashes, £4.99 (barrym.com). The pen applicator dispenses a glue and sparkle mix, which is easy to dip into your own glitter.

Step 3. Place a tissue over the cheek, beneath the eye to save your base. Then gradually begin to apply Mac Glitter in Blackened Red over the eye, winging out towards the hairline. I took the colour under the lower lash line for extra impact.

Step 4. Finish with lashings of black mascara. Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment