Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Tuesday 21 December 2010

A bit of Christmas cheer

In my line of work, I accumulate a lot, A LOT of beauty samples. From shampoos and conditioners, to lipsticks and mascaras, my flat is filled with products. And while I do test and keep a lot (I am very lucky!) I simply don't have the room to hoard absolutely everything. I decided to put together a beauty sale for my close friends and family so that they could pick up early Christmas presents, and I could get rid of the boxes of beauty loot and most importantly, make some money for charity.


After hours of rummaging, I'm pleased to say we've made £203 for charity. Thank you to Natalie, who helped me put on a spread for the occasion, and to Mum, Hayley, Cheryl, Chinea, Syd and Andrea for being so generous and obsessive about beauty. Thanks also to the staff of Wilkinsons for taking time out to rummage in the staff room. I've chosen to donate the money to Cancer Research, a very worthy and personal choice.


I just want to take this opportunity to thank the PRs, who have not only been kind enough to send all these samples and helped raise such a lot of money for charity, but for their ongoing, unwavering support. Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated and I look forward to working with you all in 2011 Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment