Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Friday 15 October 2010

Beauty Writer's Picks...Mascara

In my opinion, mascara can change a face like no other makeup product...it can open and define the eye area, and even make the whites of your eyes appear brighter. Here are my three favourite mascaras for bambi-like lashes...

Mac Opulash Mascara, £12.50 (maccosmetics.co.uk)
Best for: Thickening
Launched in June, this is now Mac's best-selling mascara. And I can see why. Unlike those wretched plastic-headed mascaras (I'm not a fan), Mac's giant, fibre brush catches every lash for a thick, volumised result. What's more is, the formula never seems to clump, and coats lashes with a thick, perfectly-even dose of ultra-black colour.

Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara, £14.50 (Boots)
Best for: Curling
I'm lucky to have long eyelashes, but fluttery peepers are nothing without a curl. Lash curling should be an essential part of your daily makeup regime, but for whatever reason, sometimes there's just not the time. So thank God for Clinique's curl-inducing mascara. The curved brush helps lift the lashes for an upturned finish. The only downside is removing it...thermal technology means it can only be removed with warm water. I've got to say, though, that now I'm accustomed to this method, I find it weirdly satisfying to see clumps of mascara slide off my lashes with water.

L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara, £10.99 (Boots)
Best for: Separation
Yet another recently launched mascara (it seems lash technology is just getting better and better). I'm currently on my second tube of this mascara and although I've flagged this as a 'separation' winner, it really is a lash all-rounder, boosting volume, thickness and blacker-than-black colour.The bristles are perfectly positioned to separate and fan out each lash for a flirty gaze. Sx

2 comments:

  1. Got the L'oreal Volume Million Lashes yesterday after seeing it on here and it's true - clumps are a thing of the past! Much better than the Max Factor False Lash Effect. Love love love. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad. I'm not a massive fan of Max Factor mascaras, everyone seems to rave about them. Love Sx

    ReplyDelete