Get the inside scoop on the latest makeup, hair and skincare launches

Thursday 10 November 2011

Tried and Tresseded...Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Cream Wash


Natalie Maylor, 19, from Bletchley, reviews Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Cream Wash, £4.49, Boots, in the quest for smooth, clear skin.  

'I'm not usually a fan of sweet, fruit scents but the grapefruit scent was suprisingly pleasant and very refreshing first thing in the morning. The texture, too, is quite luxurious - it comes out of the bottle like a thick creamy foam and feels very smooth over the skin.

I applied the cleanser every day and massaged in for a couple of minutes before rinsing. I did experience a bit of stinging after massaging it in but I always think if you can feel it doing something then it's probably a good thing! The texture didn't alter much during the cleansing process - it didn't foam up or soak in at all.

In terms of an improvement in my acne, well it's very hard to tell. After a week, I noticed my skin was smoother and certainly less spotty, especially inflamed, painful blemishes.  However after three weeks, I broke out again with very painful, very red spots, on which the face wash didn't seem to have any affect. 

I would definitely say that this is a wash for people that suffer from the occasional spot - it is a lovely-feeling cleanser. But for those like me, with relatively bad acne, not so much. Overally I'd give it a 7/10.'

1 comment:

  1. I got this as a sample in a magazine a couple of years ago an loved it so bought it, its pretty good :).
    -x

    http://makeupmeow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete